Yay! Fall is just around the corner and thank the gods for that because I am SO done sweating my ass off all the time.
Now is the time to relax and enjoy the cooler weather, snuggle up with some good snacks, and layer yourself into a blanket burrito. Turn on your favorite fall movies and cozy up because that’s what autumn is for.
This apple cider mug cake is a super easy recipe that’s only going to take you about 5 minutes to make so you’ll be able to get back to your Halloweentown marathon that much faster.
Disclosure: Some of the links below may be affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you use the links. To learn more click here.
Why you’ll love this Apple Cider Cake
There’s many reasons to love this easy apple cider mug cake. Besides being delicious, here’s some reasons you’re gonna love it:
- It takes less than 2 minutes to make.
- It’s fluffy and soft
- It tastes like fall
- There’s no tricky ingredients. No egg yolks to separate. No self rising flour. We designed this apple cider mug cake to be as easy as we could make it for you.
Tips to Perfect Your Apple Mug Cake
Tip #1 Use a Larger Mug
A larger wider mug is always going to be best for mug cakes. First of all it just makes eating them easier. Secondly, it reduces the risk of overflow which is always a good thing to avoid.
Tip #2 Melted Butter Needs a Minute to Cool
Listen. When you melt the butter, it’s going to be hot. Heat is required for cooking eggs. So unless you’re trying to make some scrambled eggs in a mug, you’re going to want to let the butter cool for a minute or 2.
I suggest whisking the milk and sugar in first before adding the egg.
Tip #3 : Toppings
In my personal opinion, mug cakes are always better when they’re topped with something. I mean, this cake is delicious. Buuuutttt it was also made in under 2 minutes, it’s not the fanciest cake in the world.
Topping it with some more maple syrup, some ice cream, and of course a bunch of sprinkles isn’t a bad way to go.
Materials to Make this Easy Apple Cider Mug Cake
This is actually the one we used in the video you can see below. I like it. It’s yellow and cheerful and feels like I’m eating cake out of a bowl of sunshine.
Pretty self explanatory I’d say.
No fancy whisking required. All the dishes you’ll need for this recipe is some measuring spoons, a mug, and a fork.
Like I said, toppings make everything better. Get some cute fall sprinkles and let’s get festive up in here! Also, you can never go wrong with cake and ice cream. So why not throw a scoop on top!
Apple Cider Mug Cake: The major Motion Picture
Vanilla Funfetti Mug Cake
2 Minute Fall Snack mix
Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treats
Easy Apple Cider Mug Cake for Fall
- 2 tbsp butter (melted, unsalted)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour spoon and leveled
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 12 oz apple cider mix 1 packet
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Melt your butter in your favorite microwave safe mug. Combine the melted butter, sugar, maple syrup and milk and whisk with a fork. Then add the egg.
- *Make sure you do NOT add the egg until last so you don't accidentally cook it in the hot butter.*
- Add all the other ingredients and whisk them until combined.
- Cook in your microwave for 1 minute and 45 seconds. When it is done, the top will be set.
- Drizzle with some more maple syrup. Top with ice cream, whipped cream, powdered sugar, and/or more sprinkles and enjoy!
Your impromptu movie night just got a very delicious impromptu dessert for you to enjoy! It’s hard to go wrong with a recipe this simple and tasty. Honestly, who can resist the delicious flavors of an apple cider cake?
More importantly who can resist an apple cider cake baked in under 2 minutes?
That’s right. No one.
So let us know in the comments below your thoughts on this easy mug cake and let us know what we should make next.
And since you’re already here, check out all of our other fall recipes as well to keep that sweet tooth satisfied!
Sharing is caring! Do you know someone who would would love this apple cider mug cake? Share this post with them!