Spaghetti + meatball savory cupcakes have become a meal prep staple in our apartment. They’re super easy to make, fun to eat, and make a fast lunch when I’m in the middle of baking a giant Death by Chocolate Cake that I had to remake 3 times in one day….oh the life of a baker. 😂
And I know what you may be thinking. “Angel, you run a baking blog! I’m here for desserts! Spaghetti and meatballs aren’t baking!” Well, that’s why I put them in a muffin tin and baked them. Now I can call them cupcakes and they’re baked. Best of both worlds. Also, I’m always here to give you delicious and easy things to make…and these fit that description. So let’s get into these savory cupcakes.
Disclosure: Some of the links below may be affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you use the links. To learn more click here.Jump to Recipe
Savory Spaghetti Cupcakes
These are also a really handy meal prep idea. They look all cute and makes others think you really tried to get your life together this week. What they don’t know is that this is just an easy and super lazy way for portion control so that you don’t eat all the food you meal prepped for a week on Monday. (Which I do all the time. No shame….except when you have to go spend a bajillion dollars on more food now).
Important Recipe Notes…
- Make absolutely sure that you have precooked frozen meatballs! Raw frozen meatballs will NOT cook fully in 15 minutes. Raw meat isn’t a smart thing to ingest.
- The egg helps everything stick together and stay in cute little cup shapes. So really fold in those noodles to make sure that they’re well covered.
- By all means use any and all toppings in your spaghetti cupcakes. Just make sure that they are cooked or safe to eat in 15 minutes. Essentially, practice food safety and don’t give yourself E coli or something.
Savory Spaghetti Cupcakes
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 egg
- 2 cup Pasta Sauce of your choice
- 12 Precooked frozen meatballs
- ⅓ cup mushrooms (optional)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Boil your noodles for 10-12 minutes until they're fully cooked. While the noodles cook, mix together your sauce, mushrooms, egg, and Parmesan in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Drain your noodles and mix them into your sauce bowl and make sure they're well covered.
- In a muffin tin, fill each spot to the top and top with more Parmesan and a meatball.
- Bake these for 13-15 minutes and then allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove and serve or refrigerate in an air tight container.
Just look how cute a basic dinner or lunch can be? I mean, anything in cupcake form has to be cuter than the original, right?
If you want to be twinsies *ew what an awful word* get the same reusable cupcake liners I have here. I seriously use them every week and simultaneously saving the planet.
So once you’ve made these cute and yummy spaghetti cupcakes, take a pic, post it on the gram and make sure to tag me (@handheld_eats)! I love seeing you creations and really, if you don’t post it on Instagram, did it even happen?
Sharing is caring! Do you know someone who would love this recipe? Share it with them!